Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How do I let go of the fear so I can listen to wisdom of serpent?

However, the archetype of the first Chakra is serpent. I am deathly afraid of snakes and am having trouble embracing this experience fully. How do I let go of the fear so I can listen to wisdom of serpent?

First, I pulled a card for you from The Psychic Tarot oracle deck by John Holland. Here is the card and its meaning, and the angels have more to offer once you've read this card:

'The first of the Mental cards signifies that new beginnings and exciting challenges may be before you. By utilizing your strength, willpower, determination and focus, there's the potential for you to reign triumphant in many areas of your life.

In traditional tarot, this card represents the Ace of Swords; and since a sword is double edged, it can cut through all the barriers that hold you back if it's done constructively and with precision. Remember that there's another side to the blade. If you're rash or use it in a destructive way, it could be harmful to yourself and others - always pause and think before you act. This card is a reminder to vanquish negative thoughts from your mind, strengthen and tap into your mental powers, and use clarity with control in order to initiate new ways of thinking.'

The first thing that came to me when I read your question was a cartoon replica of a snake. You're being guided to use your imagination to bring the serpent down to a level that you can focus upon, without bringing your fears into play. You can create the serpent in your mind by drawing it yourself as you imagine it, or finding another cartoon of a snake that is acceptable. When you create the visual of the snake that's acceptable to you, then speak the words 'snake' and 'serpent' out loud or silently and when you do, imagine the cartoon replica immediately. Once you associate the sound of the words with the cartoon replica your fears will subside. Practice it until you can do it without any fears coming to mind. It'll happen faster than you think it will.

I also offer EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) which helps people overcome their fears so that it doesn't manifest into bodily or mental ailments. You can learn more on EFT and my services here:
http://www.giftsofdivinity.com/wellness.php

Love & Blessings,
Dallas

2 comments:

Dawn S. said...

very helpful! I am also extremely fearful of snakes. I have been presented the challenge of finding them in my yard the past few years. The last one was a very large, poisonous copperhead. It was the closest one ever got to us or our home. By the time we decided what to do, it disappeared. Two weeks ago, I learned my next door neighbor "took care of it". I feel it represented facing some personal (marital) fears, which I have since accomplished...and now the snake is gone!

Unknown said...

The serpent would represent any issues to do with the base/root chakra. These include security issues, in the home and in the job, feeling like you don't have enough for your survival, etc.

It's great you were able to understand what guidance was able to get through to you, Dawn. Keep up the great self growth work you're accomplishing.

Love & BLessings,
Dallas
http://www.giftsofdivinity.com/